This Peach BBQ Chicken Pizza has a homemade smoky BBQ sauce, topped with lots of cheese, fresh juicy peaches and red onion! It’s the perfect easy weeknight meal!
This was originally posted in July 2018 and then updated in July 2019. I’ve updated the photos and included better recipe details! Thank you for continuing to support OBB!
Okay. So you guys. Would I sound like a 5 year old if I told you that pizza is my favorite food? Ha! I definitely will risk sounding like one to profess my love for pizza.
I particularly love this pizza! It’s the perfect way to celebrate seasonal peaches being ripe and delicious and a seriously easy weeknight dinner recipe.
Why You’ll Love this Pizza:
Oh my GOSH, you guys. I know it sounds a little crazy BUT this pizza is amazing.
First, it’s made using a store bought pizza crust. Yup! We are all about easy in this house!
It has a perfect base of homemade BBQ sauce that’s smoky with a hint of sweetness. Speaking of the sauce, you also toss the chicken in the sauce as well. SO MUCH FLAVOR.
Topped with mounds of fresh thick sliced mozzarella cheese, spicy red onion and hello fresh peaches! Yes, peaches. They add a juicy, sweet element. Similar to pineapple BUT much more subdued in my opinion. They add a sweet and juicy texture.
It takes literally 20 minutes to bake once you assemble and boom! You have a golden, crispy beautiful pizza ready to devour.
The peaches are not at all overwhelming – they only add a subtle sweetness and juiciness. The flavors of the BBQ sauce really coincide well with the peaches.
Best herb to top this pizza with? I sprinkled some fresh cilantro on top at the end to give it an extra pop of color and flavor. If desired, you can add basil as well.
So let’s get started!
Ingredients You Need for Peach BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Homemade BBQ Sauce – of course, you can use store bought but the recipe used here is SO simple and I bet you have it all in your pantry/fridge!
- Fresh Peaches – make sure they are RIPE and ready to be sliced/eaten.
- Red onion – I diced mine finely on top!
- Store bought pizza crust – feel free to make your own but I’m all about ease, my favorite brand to use is Jus-Rol!
- Mozzarella Cheese – I like to freshly shred my cheese, I think it makes it so much better!
- Cilantro – for garnish!
How to make Pizza in 5 Simple Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together your ingredients for the homemade BBQ sauce (which consists of low sugar ketchup, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, and some spices).
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over a large chicken breast. Bake your chicken at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until done. Or, if you wanna make your life super easy – just get a rotisserie chicken! Once the chicken is done, shred it and toss it in a few tablespoons of that mouthwatering BBQ sauce.
- Thinly slice the peaches and dice your red onion.
- Spread the BBQ sauce like you would marinara right onto the pizza crust – don’t be shy! Add on some delicious cheese, the chicken, and then the peaches and diced red onion! If you wanna go crazy, add some more cheese on top.
- Bake until bubbly and golden and cheesy. Slice and top with fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Best Pizza Making Tips:
I like to freshly shred all the cheese I use. It’s not a requirement, but I think it makes it taste fresher and the cheese is extra melty.
In regards to the homemade BBQ sauce, taste and adjust it as you go! If you like your BBQ sauce sweeter, add more honey. If you like it smokier, add more paprika. More vinegary? Add more apple cider vinegar! Adjust to YOUR taste.
Be sure that your oven is fully preheated before you pop in your pizza.
I baked mine for around 20 or so minutes, but be sure to keep an eye on it! You don’t want the crust to burn. Each store bought crust will have different directions so in regards to the crust, follow the directions on the packaging.
If you’re running low on time, feel free to just cook the chicken in a pan for around 7-10 minutes, flipping halfway until it is fully cooked internally – around 165 degrees F.
Best sauce to dip this pizza in? RANCH. Forever and ever amen. Try out my homemade ranch recipe – I promise you’ll never go back to the bottled stuff!
Storing Leftovers/Re-heating Pizza:
Is this pizza reheat-able? Absolutely! My favorite pro-tip when it comes to reheating pizza is to place the oven on broil. Watch the pizza for 3-4 minutes closely to ensure that it doesn’t burn. You should get a perfectly melty fresh tasting slice of pizza.
That is, if you have any leftovers. Ha! Enjoy. Xo.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Here are a few more you might like:
Thank you so much for following along here, friends! Want to see more? Be sure to follow ourbalancedbowl on Instagram and tag me with your photo if you end up making a recipe! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the Our Balanced Bowl Facebook page! Like a recipe that you saw? Follow me on Pinterest here! I always love to see your re-creations! If you do make a recipe, it would make my whole day if you were to rate and comment so I can get your feedback! Lots of love! – Haylie
Peach BBQ Chicken Pizza
This Peach BBQ Chicken Pizza has a homemade smoky sauce, topped with lots of cheese, fresh juicy peaches and red onion! It’s the perfect easy weeknight meal!
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup lower sugar ketchup
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional for spice)
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 large ripe peach, sliced
- handful of cilantro (for garnish)
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400. Add chicken breast to a oven safe pan. Drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper over the chicken. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked internally.
While the chicken is cooking, mix all of the ingredients for the homemade BBQ sauce in a large bowl. Set aside. Slice your peaches into long thin slices. Dice your red onion. Set aside. Freshly shred the mozzarella cheese.
Once your chicken is done, shred it. Add 3 tbsp of the homemade BBQ sauce.
Prepare your pizza crust according to the instructions on a baking sheet. Use parchment paper if needed.
Add the remainder of the BBQ sauce to the pizza crust. Add on the cheese. Add on your shredded chicken, followed by your peaches and red onion. Bake for 20 minutes, or according to your pizza crust instructions. Make sure it's golden and bubbly.
Once done, add a handful of chopped cilantro to garnish. Slice and eat while warm! Enjoy!