Hey guys! Happy #loveyourbalance Friday! It’s been a lonnnnng week. Between moving in, unpacking, trying to decorate and make our house a home…shew, I’m just about worn out! But, I knew I wanted to follow up on my promise from last week and share our Pantry Staples with you!
But I’m happy. Super duper happy. I can’t believe my husband and I have our own home to share together! You can read more about our house buying journey here and expect a house tour NEXT week! Yasssss. So excited for that and to share before and after photos! Ben and I are definitely channeling our inner Chip and Joanna Gaines.
So, last week in my Refrigerator Staples post, I promised a Pantry Staples post! So here we are. Similar to last week, I will show you what my pantry looked like BEFORE we organized it. Mind you, this was at my old house. I’ll be sharing what my new pantry looks like soon!
So. It’s basically a mess, yeah? Stuff crammed into every crevice, unorganized, things that we let go stale, things we never eat…the list goes on.
Let the hallelujah chorus reign! So much better. We bought those cute little wire baskets from Wal-Mart to help us organize. They were awesome for storing all of my baking goods like my flours and sugars.
OKAY. So let’s get down to it for the pantry staples. I’ll go by section.
Snackage (aka stuff we love to have on hand for on the go, eating while watching TV or just eating handfuls of here and there when you’re bored in the kitchen.
- tortilla chips. blue corn are our favorite.
- nuts. we usually keep raw almonds on hand. i also love cashews!
- popcorn! i freaking love popcorn. we recently switched to making it on the stove-top and i’m obsessed.
- lara-bars. we love these date infused little babes.
- we also always have a chocolate bar to snack on that we bring to the movies! we love Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Caramel and Sea Salt version!
- peppermint tea, black tea, cinnamon tea and my favorite: sleepytime tea!
- honey. we don’t always sweeten our drinks, but we when we do, we love the turkish honey from Trader Joe’s.
- coffee + our grinder + our french press. the brand of coffee we drink changes every time, but we prefer dark, whole bean blends so we can grind them ourselves. we split a french press everything morning!
- mayo, mustard, salsa (which we usually don’t eat anymore because we love my homemade salsa so much!)
- quick oats. we love overnight oats and i often will use them in baking.
- jars of homemade granola
- cereal. for weekends and days when we want a sweet snack. my fave is cinnamon toast crunch and ben loves…any kind :’)
- whole wheat flour
- all purpose flour
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- coconut sugar
- semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks
- baking soda
- baking powder
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- pure maple syrup
Spices! We switch these up a lot but these are the most basic ones we use and love. We get them all from Trader Joe’s! (Minus the hot sauce which is Texas Pete brand).
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- seasoning salt
- we love beans! especially the organic brand from Aldi. We usually have at least 4 cans of black beans in our pantry. we make black bean burgers at least twice a week with them!
- we also love coconut milk, crushed tomatoes and refried beans!
Pasta and Grains!
- white/brown rice
- Annie’s boxed mac and cheese (especially the white shells and cheddar!)
- corn tortillas for tacos!
Okay. Yeah, so that’s pretty much our pantry staples. It’s pretty basic. To be honest, we keep most of our stuff in out fridge since we eat so much produce! I do love having these staples though because it’s good for lazy nights or when we want to have mac and cheese for dinner. It’s not perfect, but it works for us!
What are some of your pantry staples? Tell me in the comments below! Hope y’all have an awesome and safe St. Paddy’s Day!